The City of Ontario implements the comprehensive CARES Neighborhood Revitalization Program within selected focus neighborhoods. The components of this comprehensive, multiagency program include code enforcement, arterial street improvement, relief program, exterior improvement program, and sidewalk or safe routes to school program. The program seeks to stabilize neighborhoods through a comprehensive approach to building community. The program has several components:
- Single-Family Improvement Loans. The City offers two low-interest deferred loan programs for homeowners (with a one-to-five-year deferment) to make exterior improvements to their home.
- Neighborhood Improvements. The City improves streets (e.g., resurfacing, replacing curb and gutter, improves sidewalks, and drainage), plants trees and greenways, and enforces codes.
- Objectives: Continue programs implementation.
- Responsible Agencies: Housing Department
- Funding: CDBG, HOME, General Fund
- Timing: Ongoing